Sunday, January 29, 2012

My blog is dead. Long live my blog.

Amazing that I've gone almost 3 months without a post.  Need to get better at that, one of the main reasons I started this blog was to cast a wider net for the Georgia Chain Gangs fundraising for RAAM this year.  I suppose I'll have a better chance of getting more traffic and generating a little buzz if I actually put a bit of content out occasionally...

So what's been going on for the last 3 months?  Well... stuff.  I went with the TNT team to Tucson in Nov and I'm proud to say the team did a great job.  I ended up doing about 130 miles the day of the event, which led to thoughts of knocking out a 200K once a month, then maybe just a century once a month.  Dec came and went, so the thoughts went to maybe a 200K or century once a month for the the new year.  Now it's Jan 29 and I don't think I'm going to get a century in during the next 2 days, so...  What is it about a new year that triggers stuff in people?  Health club memberships, losing weight, etc.  Even simple stuff like doing a century once a month or posting a (decent) photo online once a day.  Interesting, isn't it?

I write this, we've got less than 5 months before RAAM starts.  Coach Tony has the whole team set up with a daily training program.  This is the first time in a long time that I've had a program to follow other than what I've put together for myself.  It's going well though, kudos to Tony for putting together the training for the team, it's not an easy job.  He had us on a volume block last week.  Between work, fundraising, being husband and father, I didn't get as much time in as planned, but I did OK.  Until mid Mar it's going to be tough for me to get long rides on the weekends.  I'm fortunate enough to be able ride at lunch often which allows for some pretty good, albeit short, training, and can knock out 2 hour+ once or twice a week during the week as well.  So, not feeling too bad, my volume isn't huge (yet), but the intensity is good.  Weight is OK, I'm going to try to knock about 5 to 10 pounds off in the next 3 months.  5 pounds would bring me down to my normal '6 gap' weight, 10 pounds... we'll see.  If I do get the 10 off, we'll have to see how I perform, if I get it off...

Moving on.  A couple of Georgia Chain Gang things to talk about. We are still looking for some crew members, especially massage therapist(s).  Reach out to me if you're interested.  The Gang is going to need between 3 and 4 three quarter ton passenger vans (church vans) for the race.  We'll likely do a one way rental from Oceanside (San Diego) to Annapolis.  If anyone out there has a good guy deal or a contact we can reach out to for an in-kind donation, let me know.  The more we keep the overhead down, the more funds go to LLS.  Our next fundraiser is The Race To Anyplace on Mar 10.  This will be a great chance to get a team of friends together and have a good time while giving cancer the gas face.  The big silent auction is going to be mid May at Ormsby's.  In 2010 it was a great event, you should make sure to attend this year.
Enough for now, I'll try to not take such a big blog break in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment